All the news that gives us fits to print

Department of Homeland Security Canadian Border Crossing

Filed under: Politics,World — Tags: , , , — Paddy Wallbouncer @ 10:54 pm 2008 January 17

Until now, Canadian and American Citizens need only use any number of 8000 documents to cross that border, sometimes only a verbal declaration of citizenship was all that was required. That ends on January 31, 2008.

What will be required now are government approved documents. If you don’t have what they want you will be “detained”

    you have been warned.
    According to Homeland Security you’ll need:

U.S. and Canadian Citizens – Single Document Option
One of the following documents should be presented to prove both identity and citizenship.
Acceptable Documents as of January 31:

    U.S. or Canadian Passport
    U.S. Passport Card (Available spring 2008)*
    Trusted Traveler Cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST)*
    State or Provincial Issued Enhanced Driver’s License (when available – this secure driver’s
    license will denote identity and citizenship.)*
    Enhanced Tribal Cards (when available)*
    U.S. Military Identification with Military Travel Orders
    U.S. Merchant Mariner Document
    Native American Tribal Photo Identification Card
    Form I-872 American Indian Card
    Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) Card

* Frequent Land Border Crossers — to expedite processing into the United States, U.S. Customs and Border Protection recommends using one of the above asterisked documents.
U.S. and Canadian Citizens – Two Document Option
All U.S. and Canadian citizens who do not have one of the documents from the list above must present BOTH an identification and a citizenship document from each of the columns below.
Identification Documents*

So what does this all mean Tommy? Zee Germans are Coming?

Department of Homeland Security : US Customs and Border Protection Snatch

Facebook Comments

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.